David A. Stosch, MTAX, CPA, ABV, CVA
David Stosch is a Principal Consultant with Stosch, Dacey & George, P.C., where he concentrates on taxation matters and business valuations.
Other assignments include client representation before the Internal Revenue Service, state and local taxing authorities, transactional analysis for business organizations, split-ups, reorganizations and tax planning and personal computer consulting services.
Mr. Stosch has performed business valuations for estate and gift tax purposes, buy-sell agreements, stockholder and business disputes, merger and acquisition evaluations, and for the purpose of equitable distribution under state statutes.
Previously, Mr. Stosch practiced as a Tax Manager with Charles M. Terry & Company, CPAs, Deloitte & Touche, CPAs and as an Auditor and Tax Senior with Ernst & Young, CPAs. In those capacities he was responsible for Tax and Audit Services to large SEC, middle market and individual clients.
Mr. Stosch has a Master of Taxation and Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Virginia Commonwealth University. He is a licensed Certified Public Accountant, Accredited in Business Valuation, a Certified Valuation Analyst, and has presented seminars on business valuations for CPAs, attorneys and life underwriters.
Professional and Academic
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Deloitte & Touche Schools - Taxation, Emerging Business Services, Tax Manager, Tax Senior
- Ernst & Young Schools - Taxation, Audit, Tax Senior, Audit Senior, Staff Accountant
- Master of Taxation - 1984, Virginia Commonwealth University
- B.S., Accounting - 1982, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Tax Manager, Charles M. Terry & Co.
- Tax Manager, Tax Senior, Deloitte & Touche
- Tax Senior, Audit Senior, Audit Staff, Ernst & Young
Seminars, Lectures Conducted and Articles Written
- 2000-2005 Various Presentations to Professional Organizations and Attorneys on Business Valuation Issues
- 1999 Presentation to Attorney and Insurance Group on Family Limited Partnership Valuation Issues
- 1999 Presentation to Insurance Agents on Family Limited Partnership Valuation Issues
- 1997 Article written: Virginia Lawyers Weekly - "Business Valuations - Is Purpose Important?"
- 1997 Estate and Trust Study Group of Attorneys - Valuations and Marketability Discounts
- 1995 Virginia Tech Accounting and Auditing Conference - Business Valuation Concepts
- 1991 Central Fidelity Bank Trust Offices - Topic: Tax Aspects of Business Valuations
- 90-96 Short Pump Civic Association - Topic: Federal and State Tax Law Update
- 88-93 Deloitte & Touche - Tax, Business Valuation and Audit Training Seminars to Partners and Professional Staff
- Trucking Company Valuation
- Family Limited Partnership Valuations for Gift and Estate Tax Purposes
- Valuation of Contracting Company for Equitable Distribution Purposes
- Valuation of Printing Company for Family Succession Purposes
- Valuation of Petroleum Company for Estate Tax Purposes
- Valuation of Closely Held Companies for Shareholder Dispute Purposes
- Valuation of Closely Held Companies for Sale Purposes
- Valuation of Closely Held Companies for Estate and Gift Tax Purposes
- Valuations of Closely Held Companies for Equitable Distribution Purposes
- Determination of business loss profits
- Earnings in Dispute Between Doctors
- Determination of Tax Loss in Farm Income Dispute
- Analysis of Lost Earnings Capacity and Medical Costs Claimed as a Result of Personal Injury
- Determination of profit or loss on lease of mixed real, personal and intangible properties for local tax assessment
- Assist with pricing models for buy-sell offer, healthcare services organization
- Determine damages as a result of false advertising claim under the Lanham Act